Walnut Hill Church | Pastor Search 2023
In January 2022, Walnut Hill Church’s minister of twenty years, the Reverend Dr. Michael L. Ward, announced his plans to retire effective June 30, 2022. Since that time, the WHC Vestry and Congregation has worked diligently to establish a Transition Team and Pulpit Nominating Committee (PNC) to complete the necessary steps required to hire WHC’s next minister. Please find the application materials and information collected by these groups below.
Questions may be directed to the WHC PNC at email@example.com.
Walnut Hill Church Highlights include:
- The sanctuary is the oldest Presbyterian Church building still standing in the state of Kentucky. The church began in 1785 in a log cabin on the same site with the current sanctuary being built in 1801.
- The church is located on a parcel of land donated by General Levi Todd, the grandfather of Mary Lincoln Todd, wife of President Abraham Lincoln.
- The church gained renown as a National Historic Site in 1973.
- Located on nearly 10 acres of land adjacent to a horse farm and residential estates, the church is well-known for its beautiful landscape and picturesque grounds, yet is accessible to all Lexington neighborhoods and surrounding cities including Richmond, KY.
- The current congregation is active in fellowship and community outreach, taking part in a number of missions annually including a Backpack Ministry program benefitting Brenda Cowan Elementary School; seasonal fundraisers for The Nathaniel Mission; serving as volunteers for the Catholic Action Center’s Sandwich Ministry each month; and many others.
We Would Love for you to visit us!
If you wish, send us a message below with your name, e-mail, the Sunday and time you would like to attend and we will have someone here to greet you. Whether you want someone to meet you or just come on your own,
everyone is welcome.
We are located at 575 Walnut Hill Rd., Lexington, KY 40515
859-263-5304 | firstname.lastname@example.org